Monday, April 14, 2014

How Far We Have Come - Before & After

Sometimes I forget how far we have come with the renovations of this house.  Most days I am making a mental to do list that is a mile long.  I walk out side to see buildings that need to be repainted, gardens need to be planted, yard to be fertilized, fencing needs to be put up, etc. etc.  It may be 7 years later but, all of our weekends are now filled with soccer & baseball.  The projects have come to a screeching halt. 


I needed to stop for a minute this Monday morning and appreciate just how much has been done.  In 2007 when we purchased this 1820 farm house it was in very poor shape.  We did 75% of the work ourselves with the help of my Dad.  We worked on it for almost 5 months before we even moved in.  So today I see the cup as half full...not half empty.  Spring is here!  Look how far we have come! 


Spring 2013

Spring 2007
Summer 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment