Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pintrest Valentine's Day Project

I went to Target and Walmart a few weeks ago to grab a box of the usual Valentine's Day Cards for my 1st grader to pass out in class.  I looked at Star Wars, Sponge Bob, Spider Man...ended up grabbing a box of bug cards.  I was not thrilled!  Pinning all of those amazing Valentine's Day ideas on Pinterest I wondered why I couldn't be creative too.

These were some of my pinterest inspirations...
 
 
My FAVORITE...

 
 My 7 year old went crazy over this idea.  Of course he would what little boy (or big boy for that matter) doesn't like a little gross humor.  I found the nose pencil sharpeners on Oriential Trading.  They were a great deal $6.50 for a package of 12.  I also happened to get them on a day of free shipping!  Then my little one and I took to the computer.  We wanted to put our (his) own spin on it.  So we came up with these...
 
We added an Angry Bird Pencil to the Noses and put them in a cute heart bag.
 
 These are so much better than bug cards.  I hope everyone in class sees the same humor that we did.
Happy Valentine's Day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment