Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Holiday Decorating



I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!  Like most of you before the turkey had even been cleaned from the plate I was already thinking Christmas.  My favorite moments on Thanksgiving Day are watching Santa arrive at the Macy's Day Parade and checking out the Black Friday Ads in the Paper.  More Christmas than Thanksgiving. 

I couldn't wait to go to the local tree farm and pick out our tree so the decorating could begin. 

So this is how the house looks so far.  I try to keep it basic.  I use a lot of live greens.  They make for easy clean up after the holidays. 

The top photo was a tip I found on pinterest.  How to photograph your tree.  It really worked.  Check it out...how to photograph a christmas tree.

The tree skirt  is the basket from Terrain that I last posted about.  I just love it.
 
 
I purchased this old postal box at an auction.  Filled with little gifts and ribbon in the front entry. 
 
 
This was a new purchase this year.  I found it at HomeGoods.  It is a driftwood Deer Head.  I hung glitter ornaments from it as a joke, but I think they might stay.
 
Old mason jar filled with candy canes is on the drafting desk.
 
 
From our home to yours...happy decorating...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment