Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Garden Fence - Part 1

I have been having a problem lately with the rabbits in my yard.  They think they are our pets.  They sit in the garden eating away with no fear of us, the cat or the chickens.  Not even afraid of my plastic owl.  Hmmm?

So I decided we needed a fence.  I loved these that I found on pinterest.

So I recruited my husband and father.  My father has this amazing post hole digger...I don't know how to use it so I just stand clear!  He also has a lot of locust trees on his property.  They are a very solid wood and last forever.  I used the same posts for my grape arbor. 


So in a few hours and a lot of lemonade they had all the post in.

We ordered wire fencing - smaller on the bottom for the bunnies.  Once we get it in and up I will post new pics and let you know if I have stopped our little friends.

1 comment:

  1. My sister planted a garden for the first time this year and the bunnies have a regular get together every night! She's given up on trying to stop them:)

    ReplyDelete