Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Dining Room Makeover Before & After

I had the pleasure of working on a dining room makeover for my sister a client a few months ago.  She was gracious enough to let me share the before & after pictures with you.  It is their first home so the space was a blank slate.   They were working on a small budget and the room itself was also very small.

Before
The main focus was a place to eat.  I chose a round pedestal table that was 36".  This still gave them enough space for a  comfortable traffic flow from the kitchen to the family room.  The table was purchased from an unfinished furniture store and painted black.


After



A small console table was added from Home Goods.  The drawers hold table cloths, napkins and napkin rings and the top serves as a mini bar. 




The splurge in the room were these adorable chairs from Restoration Hardware.  I am so jealous I want them for my own house.  They are the Madeleine Chair in Weather Oak Drifted.  The seat cushions are from Ikea.  Four were purchased for the room although only three sit around the table.



A Spring Hill Farm chalkboard was added to the bar with a cute saying from the homeowner.



This was such a fun project.  Thank you for letting me share it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment