Thursday, November 21, 2013

Around the House & A Simple Life Magazine

I have been having so much fun on instagram  A quick picture with the iphone and a hit of the button and there it is.  I thought I would show you some of my latest instagram pics...



The bureau was a Home Goods find.  I have been trying to liven up my front entry.  It is a bit hard because we never use the front door.  So no one ever really sees it...needless to say it hasn't been a priority.  I knew when I saw it it had to be mine.  Yet I left it there and went home only to think about it non stop.  Thankfully I have the best husband in the world - who picked it up on his way home from work.  It fit perfectly!  I was quick to add some driftwood, books and shells.   I'm sure the decorations will change in a few days to include bottle brush trees, old ornaments and some deer antlers. 

The wreath was a Target find.  A Smith & Hawken faux boxwood.  I usually hate - really hate anything faux.  But I really think this is as close to real looking as you can get.  I hung it on a barn wood chalk board and placed it over the fireplace.  A bit of an investment at $39, but I do love it.

The third picture is of my paper whites.  They have finally been planted.  For those of you in the Northeast I highly recommend getting them at Christmas Tree Shop.  At only $3.99 for 4 bulbs and soil (throw out the ugly plastic pot and use a clay pot, ironstone bowl or urn) you can't beat it.  It should only take a couple of weeks and the beautiful white flowers will brighten up the family room.

Finally, An update on my parent's home.  The magazine is out!  It is an amazing 12 page spread.  Jill did a wonderful job!  The winter issue always sells out quick.  You can go to this link to order a single issue over the phone or find out where you can buy it locally. A Simple Life Magazine

Here is a little peek from my issue...

Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!







2 comments: