Monday, May 6, 2013

Monday Morning On The Farm

I have to laugh sometimes when I call our home a farm.  At only and acre and a half every farmer out there would laugh at me too.  Our farm was originally hundreds of acres in the 1800s.  Lucky for us the previous owner was a great historian and wrote many articles for the town's historic society.  I found a book through amazon that published some of her articles. It  gave detailed history of our property along with some amazing pictures of the farm in the early 1900s.   It tells the story of the Knight family who bought the farm in 1884.   At that time Mr. Knight named the farm Spring Hill Farm.  The farm produced milk, cheese, wool, fruit and lamb. 

Our farm currently is home to 3 beautiful hens, a rabbit, a very old little cat and variety vegetable and herb gardens.  The apple, pear and quince trees that were planted after the 1938 hurricane still stand today.    I love our little piece of East Greenwich History.

So on this Monday morning I let the stars of our very little farm have a photo shoot.





Here's to a Happy Monday!

Oh...One more thing.  I'm trying out a new blog layout as you can see.  I don't know if I love it or hate it.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you to live on such a beautiful farm, even if its just a few acres!!! The pictures of the ladies are very pretty! Please take a look at my blog What Makes A Home @ rachelkay123.blogspot.com.

    Thank You and have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete