Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Auction Fever

I just love auctions.  I have been going to them as far back as I can remember.  My mom would take me when I was little once a month to the local auction at the legion hall.  I had so much fun.  I think it was because I got french fries and a coke.  But I also think it was listening to the auctioneer and of course being with my mom. 

I still go to them sometimes with my mom or lately with my eleven year old.  He is really into it.  He started watching Storage Wars and Auction Hunters.  Which I think have peeked his interest even more. 

So yesterday afternoon I was rummaging through old emails and realized that their was an auction in town.  It must have been an oversight on my part that it wasn't already in my calendar.  I dragged both boys to the viewing (this is a time before the auction that you can inspect all the items).  I have to say it was one of the best I have seen in a long time.  Mainly because it was everything I loved.  Ironstone, French Metal, Military, Swedish, I could go on and on.  Luckily my oldest volunteered to come back with me for the auction.  He was such a great help and great company.

I got some really great items.  I even felt like Dave from Storage Wars at one point in time and wanted to yell YUP with a last minute bid.    I bought so much that I had a number of people ask me if I had a shop.  You know you have a problem when...  This morning I am regretting I didn't buy more...I should have gone $10 more to get that Ironstone Pitcher Box Lot it could have been mine!  I even left before the main auction - I was only their for the box lots.  I thought if I stayed I would have truly gone overboard. 

So what did I get...

I have been looking for a French Zinc Pitcher for a very long time.  I love this one on dreamy whites
They usually range from $75 - $125.  So when I saw one in the auction I had to have it.  It was in a lot with another zinc item.  I was thrilled to get the lot for $20.  Yes $20...even better as I was checking out a gentleman at the auction offered to buy the other item (which I didn't like at all) from me for $20.  So it ended up being free.  Did I say I love auctions.



This is my pitcher.  I also got a box lot of Ironstone.  These 2 amazing chairs were $10 (for both of them). 



My last purchase was this lot of English Marmalade Jars/Crocks. 
So I just want to thank my mom for introducing me to auctions and to my little ones for joining me and putting up with mom's crazy addiction.







No comments:

Post a Comment