Saturday, March 17, 2012

Side Of The Road Find....

Have you ever been driving and seen someone picking wild flowers on the side of the road.  You think what are they doing? 

Well today that was me, but it wasn't wild flowers.  We were on the way home from my son's soccer game and I saw a wasp nest off in the woods.  I said to everyone in the car I have to have it!

I have seen them in so many decorations.  My mom has a few and I just loved the blog that For the Love of the House did on them. 

So I ran home to grabbed clippers and a garbage bag (just in case).  Actually that was the conversation on the way back to the nest.  Do you think there are still wasps in it?  So the only one brave enough to venture into the woods with me was my oldest.  Once we reached it we realized that we were way to short to conquer this nest.  We lost all thoughts that there still may be stinging creatures in it and tried to dislodge it with a big stick - mainly we whacked it with a stick.  Didn't work.  So I hoisted my son up - he still had cleats on.  I almost dropped him when I heard the laughter coming from the car on the side of the road.  It was my husband. 


We got it!  I'm thrilled!  So now I have learned not to laugh at those people on the side of the road.  They are just grabbing some great finds...

No comments:

Post a Comment